Google Chrome is a fast, simple and secure web browser, built for the modern web.
Do you need more power and control ? Answer is Google Chrome Extensions
Chrome Web Store > Extensions
The majority of the extensions are free, so there’s no harm in giving them all a try—you can easily disable or remove them by typing chrome://extensions/ into the Chrome address bar.
1. Google Dictionary (by Google):
Whenever you find a word not in your dictionary, You Goggle it, right ? But Everytime Copying word and then searching (in a new tab) maybe distracting, with Google Dictionary, you just have to double click on word and Google will feed you with result in a pop-up right there.
Whenever I need to take a Quick note over internet or have to share something, I take a screenshot of it, as I just did above to share how Google dictionary pop-up looks, I did it with this screenshot taking extension, You can take screenshots (or a part) of visible screen and edit it in browser, and share through link or save the image itself.
3. Hover Zoom : As Name suggests you can just Hover over any Image and a Zoomed version will show up floating, No need of more click to view full image.
So many other alternative tools are there. You can choose other as well.
4. AdBlock Pro: It is Adblock for Youtube, Google, Facebook, Gmail and AdRemover for all other Sites.
5. Flash Control: It provides more control over Flash content and can overall improve your browsing experience.
6. UpNext: I love music, Who don’t ?
And where is music from all over world ? SoundCloud? Youtube? Listen to Audio from YouTube and SoundCloud in browser without opening any tab, and without wasting bandwidth over video.
7. Save to Pocket: Read Later Apps, Whether you want to save any page to read later or just want to bookmark for further reference, Pocket is best tool, with “Save to Pocket” you can just right click on any web page any save it for later.
Instapaper and Readability are two other popular tools, you can read the comparison between three here at LifeHacker , I suggest Pocket.
8. TabCloud: It allows to save any window session (All tabs open) and restore it at a later date or on another computer. Effectively allowing you to sync open tabs between multiple computers. So, If you’re planning to leave your browser want and want to have all tabs opened open at some other point, TabCloud it.
9. Modern New Tab Page: Enhance your New Tab Page with ultimate customizability and power. Awesome, like you. Add you Favorite links, Apps, etc.
There are again a lot of options available, read here: 8 great Chrome extensions to transform your ‘New Tab’ page try and select your favorite.
10. Pushbullet: Automatically see all of your Android phone’s notifications right on your computer. Install Pushbullet for Android and Pushbullet for Chrome and few more steps. You can also transfer Links, Images etc. from one machine to other in form of notifications with Pushbullet.
Hahha !! Yes, After you have these 10 or other extensions installed, you need to manage / categorize them switch them off / on or access in easier way, SimpleExtManager is here for rescue.
There are a lot of alternatives, but SimpeExtManager is most clean, and that’s why it works for me.
There are lots more Extensions you should try, some of them:
SideNotes, Select and Speak, Notable Pdf, Feedly Mini, Chrome Remote Desktop etc.
I have also written about “Must-have Tools for Developer“, will be Writing about more Tools in “Super Charge Your Gmail”, etc.
Feel free to comment and drop your views / suggestions. Ask any doubts if you have here in comments or write to us at email@example.com. Have a nice day.