These extensions are free, so there’s no harm in giving them all a try—you can easily disable or remove them by typing chrome://extensions/ into the Chrome address bar and something similar for Firefox as well.
Not much of a Developer / Designer ?
look at this list of general extensions for every user: List of Essential Extensions
- ColorZilla : Advanced Eyedropper, Color Picker, Gradient Generator and other colorful goodies. also available for Mozilla Firefox (ColorZilla for firefox)
- Pesticide for Chrome : outlining each element to better see placement on the page.
- Rulers, Guides, Eye Dropper and Color Picker : Pick any color from webpage using eye-dropper tool; display rulers, guides and grid on the page.
I just love it’s simple guide adding functionality and freedom for same.
- Firebug Lite : Firebug Lite provides the rich visual representation when it comes to HTML elements, DOM elements, and Box Model shading. It provides also some cool features like inspecting HTML elements with your mouse, and live editing CSS properties.
(Firebug for Firefox)
- WhatFont : the easiest way to find out the fonts used in a webpage.
- Page Ruler : Page Ruler lets your draw out a ruler to any page and displays the width, height and position of it.
- SEO & Website Analysis (by woorank.com) : by WooRank , this SEO plugin provides a very deep SEO report for any given website.
- Web Developer : The Web Developer extension adds a toolbar button to the browser with various web developer tools.
(Web Developer for Firefox)
- PerfectPixel by WellDoneCode : This extension allows developers to put a semi-transparent image overlay over the top of the developed HTML and perform per pixel comparison between them.
there’s a similar tool “Comps”
- Bootstrap Grid : The extension allows to draw a grid on every website, so it’s very easy to see if all elements are at the right spot.
there are many other tools for task I like this one for its freedom,
other similar tools: The Grids, Grid Ruler, etc.
Some other cool tools are: BuiltWith Technology Profiler, cssscan, CSS Shapes, Editor, Dimensions Legacy, UX Check, Browser Compatibility Detector, Check My Links
I have also written about “List of the Essential Extensions“, will be Writing about “Super Charge Your Gmail”, etc.
Feel free to comment and drop your views / suggestions. Ask any doubts if you have here in comments or write to us at email@example.com. Have a nice day.